Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Around the Nation
Fri May 2, 2014
Squirrel Selfie Doesn't End So Well
Originally published on Tue May 6, 2014 11:38 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Next time you think of photographing a squirrel, remember it doesn't know how to say no pictures. A teenager was in Tampa looking at colleges and spotted a squirrel. He took a selfie, himself with the squirrel. The camera flash scared the animal which leaped into a place to hide - inside the young man's shirt. It clutched his back. The teen threw himself on the ground. The squirrel ran off, possibly shaking its head about paparazzi.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.