Featured on WCAI
Peter Burgess is as interested in the history of farming as he is in the practice itself. His farm in Truro is called Sixpence Farm, after a silver coin he found in the soil that dates back to 1689. Burgess focuses almost entirely on fruits and vegetables that would have been found here over a hundred years ago. On the day I visited, he told me about the apple varieties he planted, and why he chose them.
Headlines from the Cape Cod Times
Top Stories from NPR
- Hospitals Still Don't Give Moms Enough Support For Breast-Feeding
- Freezing Ovaries Before Cancer Treatment May Preserve Fertility
- Attorney General Lynch: 'Out Of Tension Comes Opportunity'
- New Dietary Guidelines Will Not Include Sustainability Goal
- How A Taste For Chinese Tea Minted America's First Millionaires