Featured on WCAI
Peter Burgess is as interested in the history of farming as he is in the practice itself. His farm in Truro is called Sixpence Farm, after a silver coin he found in the soil that dates back to 1689. Burgess focuses almost entirely on fruits and vegetables that would have been found here over a hundred years ago. On the day I visited, he told me about the apple varieties he planted, and why he chose them.
Headlines from the Cape Cod Times
Top Stories from NPR
- Doctors Without Borders: Kunduz Airstrike Was 'War Crime'
- 'A Shocking Development' In The Long Struggle To Hold On To Kunduz
- As Chaffetz Jumps In, Race For House Speaker Turns Competitive
- Flotsam In Area Where Cargo Ship Went Missing, Coast Guard Says
- In Remote Colombia, Prospects For Peace Are Clouded By Corruption