Most Active Stories
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- State Faces Pipeline Quandry as Electricty Costs Spike
- Edgartown Explores Tides As Potential Future Renewable Energy Source
- Keeping Nantucket Powered is a Challenge as Electricity Demand Rises
- "Scout" The Seal Pup Heads Back To The Wild
Thu March 27, 2014
Martinis for a Cause, and other Best Bets for the Weekend
One day it will be summer and we will have nothing to do all weekend but lie on the beach... Right. Until then, there are many great events to keep us busy and happy. The Cape Cod Conservatory of Music & Art is holding a martini contest on Friday as part of a fundraiser. Doesn't that sound like a great idea! On Saturday, Dancing for a Cure has its fourth annual dance marathon - it's a fundraiser for a great cause. On Sunday, the Cape Cod Concert Band, a marvelous volunteer orchestra, is celebrating its 40th birthday with a concert. Puffy Elvis is playing in North Falmouth, a band with a great name and a great back-story (ever wonder what teachers do when they've gotten the kids out the door?). And, looking ahead, Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum is opening a big exhibit next Tuesday that tells a story of Provincetown and whales that many people don't know.
Steve Junker and Kathi Scrizzi Driscoll discuss events every Thursday on All Things Considered. Here's this week's conversation - give it a listen.