Most Active Stories
- Some Wampanoag Tribe Members Leery of Plymouth 400 Commemoration
- Every Now and Then... Strange Fish Appear in Cape Cod Waters
- Cape Cod Baseball League All Star Game
- The Moth Comes to the Tabernacle on Martha's Vineyard on Saturday, August 9th
- What Plastic Baby Bottles and Climate Change Have in Common
Science & Environment
Mon March 25, 2013
Living Lab Visits Another Living Lab
Ever wanted to hear what it sounds like on radio when somebody get stuck in the mud? Here's your chance. And never say we won't do what it takes to bring you great science stories.
There's nothing like a hands-on experience to help students figure out whether a career in science is for them. Environmental science majors at U Mass Boston now have that opportunity, thanks to the University's new Living Labs program. Seventeen undergraduates are living at Nantucket Field Station, conducting environmental research and learning about the natural and human history of the island. It's an experience that many of the students say is reaffirming their commitment to a career in environmental science.
Politics & Issues