Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Fri February 14, 2014
Jos. A. Bank To Buy Eddie Bauer
Originally published on Fri February 14, 2014 11:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a big clothing purchase.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Big purchase this morning. The giant clothing chain store Joseph A. Bank announced it has agreed to buy casual sportswear maker Eddie Bauer for $825 million in cash and stock. That's a lot of short sleeve shirts. This acquisition comes in the midst of ongoing hostile efforts by Joseph A. Bank and its main competitor Men's Warehouse to buy each other. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.