Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Tue August 26, 2014
Facing Alzheimer's Disease
Without a cure or a preventative, in the next 15 years Alzheimer’s is expected to exceed heart disease and cancer as the leading cause of death, and could bankrupt Medicare.
Journalist Greg O’Brien was diagnosed four years ago with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Mindy Todd sits down with Greg on The Point to discusses his experiences, and his memoir On Pluto: Inside the Mind of Alzheimer’s. Here's a link to Greg's BLOG.
Later in the hour Rudy Tanzi, Joseph and Rose Kennedy Professor of Neurology, at Harvard Medical School; Director of the Genetics and Aging Research Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital and Chairman of the research consortium at Cure Alzheimer’s Fund talks about the latest research.