Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
The Point with Mindy Todd
Tue May 27, 2014
Book Tells Story of a Secret Engagement
At the ebb of the gilded age Quentin Roosevelt is the scion of America’s most celebrated political families and Flora is the privileged child of the Vanderbilt and Whitney families- two of the nation’s wealthiest dynasties. Despite their very public persona’s Quentin and Flora managed to become secretly engaged.
Chip Bishop has written a new book about their relationship titled Quentin and Flora, A Roosevelt and a Vanderbilt in Love during the Great War. He joins Mindy Todd in the studio on The Point.