Most Active Stories
- Some Wampanoag Tribe Members Leery of Plymouth 400 Commemoration
- Cape Cod Baseball League All Star Game
- Every Now and Then... Strange Fish Appear in Cape Cod Waters
- The Moth Comes to the Tabernacle on Martha's Vineyard on Saturday, August 9th
- What Plastic Baby Bottles and Climate Change Have in Common
Fri June 6, 2014
WCAI's Local News Roundup: school committee member has "meltdown"; drones coming to Cape
WCAI News Director Sean Corcoran hosts local journalists for a discussion about the news of the week. Joining Sean this week are George Brennan of the Cape Cod Times; Joshua Balling of the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror; Jim DeArruda of the New Bedford Standard Times; Sally Rose, the editor of the Provincetown Banner; Geoff Spillane, a reporter with the Mashpee Enterprise; Nelson Sigelman, editor of the Martha's Vineyard Times.
Among the stories discussed this week: a Mashpee School Committee member says she had a "meltdown" in front of students when visiting an elementary school in town. Police are investigating the discovery of a body that was found at Town Neck Beach in Sandwich. A controversial wind turbine proposed in Dennis wins a key court appeal. Nantucket is having trouble retaining police officers. A student at Bristol Community College is arrested for hacking into the school's computer system and changing his grades. The owner of a local fish market is fighting to keep his license.