Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Fri August 15, 2014
WCAI's Local News Roundup: Coolant problem at Pilgrim; Nantucket gets nonprofit funeral home
WCAI News Director Sean Corcoran reviews the news of the week with several local journalists. This week, Gwenn Friss of the Cape Cod Times joins Sean at the WCAI studios in Woods Hole. Also part of the discussion is Tim Wood of the Cape Cod Chronicle; Joshua Balling of the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror; Geoff Spillane of the Mashpee Enterprise; and Nelson Sigelman, editor of the Martha's Vineyard Times.
Among the stories discussed: The Obama family is vacationing on Martha's Vineyard; the town of Sandwich is considering dueling commercial developments proposed for a key piece of property in town; A bridge crossing Route 6 is dedicated to a fallen soldier; and the so-called Ice Bucket Challenge shows kindness to a local teacher who has ALS.