Most Active Stories
- Learning to Make Radio with the Transom Story Workshop
- 3D Printing Poised to Change Daily Life
- A Century Later, Two Men Attempting to Complete Failed South Pole Expedition
- Remembering Nora Hersey: Making Books, Music and Education Available for Others
- Falmouth Farmer Brings Back Turkeys Popular in the Early 1900s
Wed October 2, 2013
VIDEO: 'I Quit' Dance Sure Works For Millions
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 10:28 am
Take a couple minutes if you haven't seen it yet to watch young journalist Marina Shifrin's video resignation from the Taiwan-based animation company where she worked for about two years. (This may be obvious, but since it's set to a Kanye West song we need to say that there's a bad word or two.)
As of Wednesday morning the 5-day-old video had been watched about 8.3 million times.
Now, as happens, it's inspiring others — including Next Media Animation, the company Shifrin has said a funky goodbye to. Check out the staff's "we're hiring!" response.
Shifrin joins others who have famously fired themselves; including:
-- JetBlue flight attendant Steve Slater, grabbed some beer, spewed some expletives and popped the emergency slide on his way out of a job.
-- Greg Smith, the Goldman Sachs executive who flamed his firm in a New York Times op-ed.
Reuters rounded up some other notable resignations in this video.