Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Fri June 20, 2014
A Roundup of the Week's Local News
WCAI's Mindy Todd hosts local journalists for a discussion about the news of the week. Guest include George Brennan of the Cape Cod Times, Nelson Sigelman of the Martha's Vineyard Times, Josh Balling of the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror, Jim DeArruda of the New Bedford Standard-Times, Sally Rose of the Provincetown Banner, and Geoff Spillane of the Mashpee Enterprise.
Among the stories making news this week: local reaction to the U.S. Patent Office ruling that the Washington Redskins NFL team name is disparaging of Native Americans; opposition growing to a proposed management plan for Monomoy; the historic whaling ship Charles W. Morgan sails again; Cape Cod Young Professionals release findings of a new survey; a new option for college-bound students on the Cape; Nantucket awaits state law changes on funeral homes; an update on rail service to the South Coast; complaints over non-local vendors at the Provincetown Farmers Market.