Most Active Stories
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- State Faces Pipeline Quandry as Electricty Costs Spike
- Edgartown Explores Tides As Potential Future Renewable Energy Source
- Keeping Nantucket Powered is a Challenge as Electricity Demand Rises
- "Scout" The Seal Pup Heads Back To The Wild
Fri June 6, 2014
The Quahog Poets
The Falmouth Senior Center poetry group hosted a public event to read their work. But it turned out to be less about sharing their artistry and more about the joy of expressing themselves in a whole new way.
The Quahog Poets meet every other Thursday at 1pm at the Gus Canty Community Center on Main Street in Falmouth. All are welcome.
Adelaide Cummings , Falmouth's first Poet Laureate, turns 100 on June 6 - there will be a celebration at the West Falmouth Library on June 29th
This piece, made possible by the Circle of Ten, is edited by Jay Allison, and comes from our production partners Atlantic Public Media, through their media training program, the Transom Story Workshop in Woods Hole. Alison is a graduate of the Spring session 2014.