Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
In This Place
Thu October 3, 2013
Partial Federal Shutdown Impacts Science
Executive Vice President and Director of Research Larry Madin at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution speaks with WCAI's Elsa Partan about the impacts of the partial federal shutdown on the Oceanographic.
Those affects include being cut off from communications with federal grant managers, not being able to bill federal agencies for work that WHOI has done, and having work delayed because federal agencies are not able to do their part of joint projects.