Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Fri April 11, 2014
News Round-up: Pilgrim Reactor Evacuation Plan Won't Change; Gov Patrick Bans New Opiate
A look at some of the week's top news with local journalists George Brennan of the Cape Cod Times; Tim Wood of the Cape Cod Chronicle; Joshua Balling of the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror; Sally Rose of the Provincetown Banner; and Nelson Sigelman of the Martha's Vineyard Times.
Among the stories we talk about: an effort to ban a new painkiller is meeting resistance from its drug maker; a plan has been crafted to save the beach at Town Neck in Sandwich; and a bridge on Route 6 will be named for a local Navy Seal who was killed in Afghanistan.
Year-End News Roundup
Weekly News Roundup