Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Around the Nation
Wed March 12, 2014
Milkshake Mission Lands Car In Snowbank
Originally published on Wed March 12, 2014 7:32 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A teenager in Michigan just wanted a milkshake. She and a cousin went to McDonald's, but it was closed. They used their GPS, found another McDonald's 12 miles away, also closed. The next McDonald's no longer existed. Around this point, their car got caught in a snow bank. Worried family members called police, who searched for hours. The cousins spent the night in the car, and walked to a business in the morning to call for help.
They may have had that GPS, just no cell phone. Turned into quite a McFiasco.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.