Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Thu February 13, 2014
How Bad Is It For Fliers Today? Latest 'Misery Map' Shows
Originally published on Thu February 13, 2014 1:11 pm
With more than 5,000 flights into or out of the nation canceled today and hundreds more delayed because of the snow and ice storm moving up the East Coast, it's time once again to point to FlightAware.com's "Misery Map."
As All Tech Considered has explained before, the map "combines weather and flight data into a live map that lists which airports are being struck by storms, the number of delays and cancellations, and graphs that show flight destinations and the chances they'll actually make it on time."
The more red you see in the circle over an airport's location, the more miserable things are there for travelers.
It looks like there's plenty of misery to go around.