Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
The Point with Mindy Todd
Tue January 14, 2014
Is Gluten Bad For Your Health?
Wheat has long been a part of the western diet because it is nutritious and has many uses. Yet a growing number of people are being diagnosed with celiac disease, an inability to process gluten - the protein found in wheat. Many others have found that eating gluten-free has improved their health.
Mindy Todd talks about celiac disease and gluten intolerance: why we’re seeing an increase in diagnosis, the difference between them, and how health care professionals are treating and researching the disease.
Guests are Dr. Alessio Fasano, founder of the Center for Celiac Research and Treatment, registered dietitian Pat Vasconcells, and Anne Sarkisian, author of Toxic Staple, How Gluten May Be Wrecking Your Health and What You Can Do About It.