Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Thu August 28, 2014
'Geography Can Be Tough': Canada Trolls Russia For Ukraine Action
Originally published on Fri August 29, 2014 10:25 am
Russian troops are entering Ukraine — this much is known — but whether they are mounting a "full-scale invasion," as one Ukrainian official told CNN, or are mistakenly crossing over, as Moscow itself claims, is uncertain.
Our northern neighbor's delegation to NATO had this useful tweet to remind everyone how, in its words, "Geography can be tough."
The message has been retweeted more than 17,000 times since it was posted Wednesday morning.
Update at 3:40 p.m. ET Russian Response
Russia's permanent mission to NATO has responded to the Canadian tweet.
If you notice, the Crimean peninsula is now marked as Russian territory. Russia annexed Crimea in March, but the international community recognizes the region as Ukrainian territory.