Most Active Stories
- Some Wampanoag Tribe Members Leery of Plymouth 400 Commemoration
- Cape Cod Baseball League All Star Game
- Every Now and Then... Strange Fish Appear in Cape Cod Waters
- The Moth Comes to the Tabernacle on Martha's Vineyard on Saturday, August 9th
- What Plastic Baby Bottles and Climate Change Have in Common
Fri May 30, 2014
Fun for Dogs and Their Owners, Big Bugs Invade Sandwich, & more: Best Bets for the Weekend
There are plenty of events this weekend to celebrate our transit into June. Dog owners sit up: the Animal Rescue League’s “Paws in the Park” festival is happening on Saturday in Brewster, and there are fun -- and some unusual -- activities for dogs and their owners, including a doggie kissing booth and caricatures. Also on Saturday, Heritage Museums & Gardens celebrates a Big Bugs Bash, with giant insect sculpture, insect tasting (gulp!), and more. On Sunday, Taylor-Bray farm celebrates a different animal: it's all about sheep at the 13th annual Sheep Festival in Yarmouthport (don't bring your dog to this one). Also on Sunday, a restaurant in Provincetown is helping to celebrate the centennial of the town's art museum with a special kind of event - a plein air painting extravaganza.
Steve Junker and Kathi Scrizzi Driscoll discuss upcoming events every Thursday on All Things Considered. Audio of this week's conversation is posted below - give it a listen.