Most Active Stories
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- State Faces Pipeline Quandry as Electricty Costs Spike
- Edgartown Explores Tides As Potential Future Renewable Energy Source
- Keeping Nantucket Powered is a Challenge as Electricity Demand Rises
- "Scout" The Seal Pup Heads Back To The Wild
Fri May 30, 2014
Fun for Dogs and Their Owners, Big Bugs Invade Sandwich, & more: Best Bets for the Weekend
There are plenty of events this weekend to celebrate our transit into June. Dog owners sit up: the Animal Rescue League’s “Paws in the Park” festival is happening on Saturday in Brewster, and there are fun -- and some unusual -- activities for dogs and their owners, including a doggie kissing booth and caricatures. Also on Saturday, Heritage Museums & Gardens celebrates a Big Bugs Bash, with giant insect sculpture, insect tasting (gulp!), and more. On Sunday, Taylor-Bray farm celebrates a different animal: it's all about sheep at the 13th annual Sheep Festival in Yarmouthport (don't bring your dog to this one). Also on Sunday, a restaurant in Provincetown is helping to celebrate the centennial of the town's art museum with a special kind of event - a plein air painting extravaganza.
Steve Junker and Kathi Scrizzi Driscoll discuss upcoming events every Thursday on All Things Considered. Audio of this week's conversation is posted below - give it a listen.