Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Fri May 23, 2014
The Friday News Roundup
Catch up on news of the week with WCAI's Sean Corcoran and Sean Gonsalves of the Cape Cod Times; along with Tim Wood from the Cape Cod Chronicle; Jim DeArruda of the New Bedford Times and South Coast Today; Sally Rose of the Provincetown Banner; Geoff Spillane of the Mashpee Enterprise; and Nelson Sigelman of the Martha's Vineyard Times.
Some of the stories this week: West Tisbury mourns the death of town moderator and teacher Pat Gregory who was murdered by a robber while hiking in California. A local addiction specialist says he's getting out of the medical marijuana business. Woods Hole's Marine Biological Laboratory president Joan Ruderman is leaving the job. A plume of gas was discovered under ground beneath the fire station in Chatham. An appeals court ruling favors the oyster farmer for his Popponesset Bay shell fishing plans. The Cape Flyer train starts rail service from Boston to Hyannis again for the season. Voters pass the water measure in Falmouth.