Most Active Stories
- Learning to Make Radio with the Transom Story Workshop
- 3D Printing Poised to Change Daily Life
- A Century Later, Two Men Attempting to Complete Failed South Pole Expedition
- Remembering Nora Hersey: Making Books, Music and Education Available for Others
- Falmouth Farmer Brings Back Turkeys Popular in the Early 1900s
Around the Nation
Tue September 17, 2013
Employee Gives School Principal Pot As A Gift
Originally published on Tue September 17, 2013 9:38 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
The head of a Rhode Island school was named Providence Principal of the Year, but that was only the start of the accolades. Police say an employee, Christopher Michael Sheehan, gave his boss a present to celebrate - a half ounce of marijuana. Mr. Sheehan was arrested. Just to be clear, since it can apparently be easy to forget, Rhode Island is not one of the states that has legalized pot, and especially not in a school zone.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.