Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Thu May 15, 2014
Travel Plans Are Looking Up For Airline Industry
Originally published on Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with friendly skies for airlines.
After a brutal winter, which hurt both American's travels plans and airline profits, things are looking up. More than 200 million passengers are expected to fly on U.S.-based airlines this summer.
According to a leading industry group, A4A, that is the most since the financial crisis six years ago. This included a projected record number of passengers flying from the U.S. to international destinations. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.