Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
Around the Nation
Tue May 27, 2014
Bison Invade Wyoming Golf Course
Originally published on Tue May 27, 2014 7:57 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
This is NPR News.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. A golf course in Wyoming has been invaded by bison. The one-ton animal sometimes damaged the greens, nevermind the brown. Officials tell the Jackson Hole News & Guide they tried to move the bison using sprinklers, but mostly golfers have to play around them. This could enliven other events on grass - boring baseball game?
GREENE: Make them play around bison.
INSKEEP: Want to enliven the World Cup?
INSKEEP: Season resumes for the Buffalo Bills.
GREENE: Well, that's obvious.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.