Most Active Stories
- Point Your Binoculars Skyward: Comet Lovejoy is Visible Over the Cape and Islands
- Former "Charlie Hebdo" Intern Fondly Remembers Those Killed in Paris Attack
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- SLIDESHOW: Photos Celebrate Beauty and Importance of Ocean Microbes
- Thomas Land Coming To Edaville USA
The Point with Mindy Todd
Thu April 10, 2014
1 in 4 Women a Victim of Domestic Violence at Some Time
According to the National Coalition for Domestic Violence, one in four women will be the victim of domestic violence in her lifetime. The consequences can span generations, and have huge economic and health impacts. Joining Mindy Todd to discuss this topic are these guests: Kristin Paruginog, founder and executive director of the group Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence; Gabbe Rowland, a board member of the group, Carmen Espinoza, domestic violence advocate at the Falmouth Police Department, and Lysetta Hurge Putnam, executive director, Independence House in Hyannis.
April 12th is a "Speakout Against Domestic Violence" event. Click to get more info.