Most Active Stories
- Getting Creative: Managing the High Cost of Living on Nantucket
- State Faces Pipeline Quandry as Electricty Costs Spike
- Keeping Nantucket Powered is a Challenge as Electricity Demand Rises
- "Scout" The Seal Pup Heads Back To The Wild
- Edgartown Explores Tides As Potential Future Renewable Energy Source
Cape and Islands Voices
These short vignettes, "sonic IDs," are sound portraits and short stories that weave throughout the broadcast day of the Cape and Islands NPR Stations. Below are a sample of the hundreds in our archives.
This project was funded by the National Endowment for the Arts and WGBH, Boston.
Atlantic Public Media helps create the "Sonic IDs," the core producing team for Sonic ID project is Jay Allison, Viki Merrick, Jim Sulzer, Helen Woodward, Chelsea Merz and the staff of the Cape & Islands NPR stations.
See what the broadcasting newspaper Current has to say about the Sonic ID project.
The Sonic ID project was awarded a regional Edward R. Murrow award for the best use of sound by the Radio Television News Directors Association.